Thursday, March 23, 2006

eliza update 3/23 8:30pm

Dear family and friends,

May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in His works, who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke! I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord. (Psalm 104:31-34)

As we have walked this road, through good and bad, we have tried to give glory to God through Jesus, depending on the Spirit's power. We cannot and would not attempt to assess our success. We can say, however, that God is fully worthy of much more than we can ever offer. "Bless the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's" (Psalm 103:2-5)

The last couple days have truly been renewing and rejuvenating. Again, today, Eliza has successfully swallowed a little milk. This time she managed 5 milliliters (up from 3 yesterday) with more ease, comfort, and interest than yesterday. Eliza also gained an additional 30 grams as of last night, not much, but a positive sign for her nutrition. She has not seemed to mind having the food going to her stomach rather than the small intestine. And, as of yesterday, Eliza was off the breathing tube for a week! Not bad for a baby with a quarter of a brain. We will wait on the Lord.

Oh, yeah, she also pooped all over the nurse today.
(Translation: Let me go home!)

Love,
dixie jax